Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Caroline Grace

Born September 2, 2011.  6lb 15oz, 19 in.









I officially have a lot of kids.  Five kids 7 and under!  What was I thinking?!?  I ventured out once with all of them by myself.  We went to Lowes.  We survived; the kids behaved b/c of bribes from me.  I got a lot of comments:
"Are all those yours?"
 "Are any of them twins?"
 "You sure got your hands full!"
"Are you Catholic?"
"How old are you?" 
"You must drink."
"That poor boy."
"Your poor husband." 
"Let me guess... you homeschool them too."

9 comments:

natalie said...

my oldest was 7 when my 5th was born too. Isn't it great? I've heard all of those same questions and comments except the last one, which I don't. You are amazing. We've never even met but now that you have 5 kids I feel we have a bond. :)

cherilynn said...

WOW 29 inches that's really long.

Heidi said...

Uh... yeah, 19 inches. Oops.

____

We were at Lowe's during school hours...

Melissa said...

I can't believe the things some people say! When I hear "You have your hands full!" I say, "Um, I only have 2 hands....count the kids again" ;) She's beautiful Heidi! If anyone can manage all of that cuteness it's you and Isaac! Miss you!

Todd Johnson said...

COngratulations! As I read this I told Todd the good news. He asked, "They had another boy, right?"
"A girl," I responded.
"Well Isaac and I were on the same path, so that means we are done. No more girls."

I don't know if that makes sense. He is saying we can't have anymore kids cause you had a girl, and up till now we were all even. Anyway. It was funny. I don't think it sounds funny now.

Blah. I am sure you ARE busy, but that remark is always such a lame one.

I love the name Caroline and you look gorgeous post baby delivery!

Amy Smith said...

She is adorable!!

Katie said...

Those comments brought me to tears. But I probably wouldn't have been laughing so hard if it were me. Welcome to the world of online shopping!

Stacey B. said...

She's beautiful! And you are right, you do have a lot of kids! That'll be me in about 4 months. It's going to be crazy fun. By the way, the best response to "you've got your hands full" has always been "better full than empty!" It just comes out of my mouth without even thinking now. That usually shuts them up or gets them to agree with me. Hugs to you guys!

Fancy Nancy Pants said...

what a cute family. I love the first quote on your blog by Beck.