Uncle Alex helping build the barn. Bethany helped a tremendous amount and I can't seem to find the photos that were taken of her. I will add those when I find them. Alex and Bethany were huge helps. One of the Amish Neighbors, Christ (pronounced like Christy with out the y), helped put the tin on a little later. Christ is fearless of heights, boarderline nuts, on slippery tin. He stated that he has built really tall barns at barn raisings. Boy did these folks ease the process of building this small barn.
Securing the roofing materials.
Zach is being destructo baby again.
A nice hot fire in the house. Nothing beats a real fire. Definately worth hauling wood and cleaning ashes. The house was always warm.
Cute Alexis.
Zach and Mommy.
More construction. What a nightmare!
The kitchen was a long process. Heidi failed to note that we added a new backsplash (not in this picture).
More Contruction.
Zach and Alexis.
We had a great deal of snow this year for the area. It was wonderful.
These are all the sheep before having lots of babies a month later.
Sanding the joint compound down. Living is the house that you are doing construction on isn't an easy process. As a matter of fact it should be an emergency procedure only and I wouldn't recommend it; ever!
Zach into trouble again. If I took photos of all the trouble he is in......I would have thousands of them! He is all boy.
Zach and Mommy
I am cutting out a little hardwood flooring to add new flooring. This gap is from where the wall used to stand. This job was very loud and I couldn't get Zach to stay away. Soon he will become a big helper on project such as these. In another photo; not posted, the girls are all covering their ears due to the noise.
Don't mind my backside. This is the job almost complete. I was really impressed that it left no gap. It turned out well.
Savannah, Dad, and Evan spent the night in the loft of the barn. It was well below freezing. The Army Modular Sleep Systems (glorified sleeping bags) turned out to be perfect for all of us.
2 comments:
That looks like quite the project you have going there! I must agree, living in construction isn't terribly fun, and I've never had that kind of work done on my kitchen. No wonder you've got some catching up to do - I'll bet blogging isn't the only thong that fell by the wayside!
Thanks for the update. It is always fun seeing pictures and knowing what you are doing. Love you!
Post a Comment