 |
| Like his new haircut? |
 |
| I snapped a picture of her reading it without her knowing. |
Evan, at this moment, is on the couch with a book of poetry, "reading" me the poem of the day, a poem he is memorizing (The Cow by Robert Lewis Stevenson.) They love learning and are not intimidated by difficult, but beautiful literature. This is what I want for my kiddos.
(Evan reading "The Cow". Alexis is in the box behind her.)
4 comments:
All I can say is, "Wow" you are doing such a great job and they are learning so much.
I have heard that word, twaddle, recently, and I totally agree! My question is, do you use those books/poems mainly for read-aloud and memorization, and still give them books with easy (on-level) words for learning to read? Are these "easy" books considered twaddle?
No, I don't think the easy books to learn to read are twaddle. The first books I have given to my girls are the Bob Books. However, there are "easy" books that are less twaddlish than others that I have found. For instance I really like the McGuffey readers for beginning reading after the Bob Books. I have typical easy readers too, but I've been gradually getting rid of them because they have too many pictures and it is too easy to guess what the sentence says rather than figuring it out on their own.
I love this! Particularly the definition of "twaddle."
Would you be interested in submitting this to the Classical Homeschooling Carnival?
Post a Comment