Savannah is our little egg gatherer. This is her official chore to do outside the house. She gathers the eggs in her basket. She counts them by color. We have brown, pinkish, white, blue and green eggs. Savannah says thank you to the chickens by giving them a few handfuls of chicken scratch grains. Our chickens adore her. Savannah is so proud of her job and we are pleased that she does this additional chore without any complaints.

4 comments:
Blue and green eggs? Interesting! Glad Savannah loves doing that, my kids got a kick out of helping the other morning!
i didn't know that they came in so many colors. what a great job for a little girl!
That is so cute! I love that the chickens adore her :) I've seen blue and green eggs before, but I've never asked anyone - do they taste any different? Or is an egg just an egg?
Kristine,
The eggs all taste the same to us. They are just colored different. Perhaps we should post about the 7 varieties of chickens we have. They are enjoyable to have around.
Post a Comment