Monday, July 20, 2009
The Big Kids Went to Claires
We took the kids to the Mall to have their ears pierced. We promised to give them cookies at their favorite cookie store afterwards. Evan was being the braver of the two and went first. He was all smiles as he picked out the set of earrings he wanted to have. He was all smiles until the lady put in the first earring. All smiles went away. Then the second ear! The smile was gone and the tears were welling up. We tried to take a happy picture but he wasn't willing to participate. Next was Savannah's turn. We had kept her away during Evan's experience in order to keep her excited and willing. Evan finally started to be happy again when he realized it was Savannah's turn and he could watch. Savannah was lucky in that I asked a second worker to put the second earring in at the same time as the first lady. That way she wasn't scared to have the second one pierced like Evan was. It worked well. Savannah was very brave. She didn't cry but wanted too. She even smiled for the after piercing shots. Then the kids gave each other a hug before we carried through with the cookies we had promised. They love their earrings now. They are always showing other kids how cute they are.
Evan getting ready!
He was a little upset afterwards. He is so cute!
Savannah takes her turn in the tall chair.
Savannah giving us a courtesy smile afterwards.
Ah, the cute little hug showing off their new earrings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
They are getting so big! My mom wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 12, and I couldn't wait! Then, I found out my skin HATED earrings, and I ended up growing them in. Your girls look adorable in their new earrings.
That last picture is SO cute!
Awwww, they look great! What a fun day, even if it did hurt for a little while. :)
I can't believe how big they look now! Savannah looks just like her mama. And Charlotte looks like a completely different kid from the last time I saw her. They are beautiful.
Savannah is looking so grown up. I think it's the hair - the bangs are growing out, right?
Oh that is a scary experience, but it looks like they did great! Congratulations to your brave girls! :)
They are so adorable I just wish I could hug and kiss them.
How cute!! I can not get over how grown up they seem! No longer little girls, they are big girls now!!
HEIDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!! I am soooooo happy that I you found me on facebook! Your girls are so adorable. We need to catch up! Email me your number ashliemidget@gmail.com.
How fun! I want to take my girls to get their ears pierced! Your girls are getting so big. I love the last picture, so pretty! Savannah looks a lot like you!
Post a Comment