Monday, January 12, 2009
Fire Pit
Heidi and I have wanted a fire pit, discussing the idea multiple times while I was away. Being a tight-wad, I didn't want to pay for the rock. We don't have many big rocks on our property, so I couldn't just round them up. While driving around today I stopped by a farm and asked an older gentleman if I could grab a bunch of rocks from his land. He said that I could take as much as I wanted. I backed up my truck to a slope and pulled out some small, medium and humongous rocks. Arriving at home I busted some of the big rocks with the sledgehammer.....not very easy to bust these stones up. Savannah came down the back porch while I was placing the rocks in a ring and asked if she could help. When the ring was all coming together, Savannah wanted to have a fire in the new pit. We spent about an hour and a half around the fire. Our super-cool neighbors came by for a while too. I will be building a huge one for them soon. Ours isn't so big. Anyway, this is a photo of the completed project as we finished our evening outside. It is exciting to know we will be hanging out around our very own rock fire pit for years to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like you and my boys would be great buddies!
Your girls are such the adventurists! I love to read about your little family.
I LOVE fire pits and slightly jealous you have one. Clever to ask someone else for rocks.. who wouldn't say no to that?
Post a Comment