Ok, so I spent part of the day framing walls. The front wall was easy because I used dimensioned lumber. The other walls are being constructed out of rough cut cherry wood that I found on Craigslist.org for very cheap (relatively). While working with the rough cut I realized that it was pretty tough stuff to manage. I have to predrill the holes because the wood is so hard. I also have to rip all the 12.5 foot long peices in half lenghth-wise. This wood is super strong though, and I am getting used to working with it. The last wall should be in place tomorrow. It was dark when I placed the western wall so I didn't photograph it.
Southern wall framed and in place.

Eastern wall in place.

Rough Cut lumber 12-13'x2"x6-7". These are pretty heavy and are indestructible!
3 comments:
Very nice. My kids want on for a play house.
It is really looking good. It looks like you will have quite a few windows.
It looks really nice!
Post a Comment