Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Moving tomorrow...

So my mom called yesterday and I told her I was busy packing.  WHAT?!?  She had no idea we were moving.  I thought everyone knew.  We have a buyer for our home and we have a contract on another home.  We are moving just a short distance away, closer to Isaac's work.  It's good and we're both excited, though I love this home and it is a little sad to be leaving.

I was standing in the backyard yesterday evening, looking out over our beautiful property, our animals, our garden, the view, feeling the wind through my hair, feeling sad that it is all coming to an end.  Then a goat got out of the pasture and started eating our trees.  I watched as the new owner's kid struggled to get the dumb thing back into the pasture.  I listened as Isaac explained to the new owners that the animals are needing to be fed hay already since the grass isn't growing anymore.  I wondered if they realized that their water will need breaking up in the winter time, and how the goats won't even come close to keeping the grass down in the summer time, which means they'll have to mow the pasture, and if they understood how heavy bales of hay actually are.  Did they realize the chickens needed water every three days or so and that the lid was pretty hard to take off and that it is always covered in poo?  And you need about three or four buckets of water to fill it up, and in winter you have to fill the buckets in the house rather than from the spicket? Or how gross it is to wash poo-covered eggs?  Or how hard it is too keep up with a garden that big?

As I looked out over our property and thought about the work they just inherited... I sighed a sigh of relief.  All I have to do is mow our level yard at this new house.  How nice.

New home:

However we will, of course, have a garden here too.  And chickens.  And maybe animals again... one day.  But with less property and no hills it will be much easier to keep up with.  I hope.

6 comments:

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

I love brick! I'm so glad Isaac will be closer to work, more time with the family! I wish I had the time and money to fly out and help with everything, but I don't....so....I hope you have some really good friends to lend a hand, you'll need it with 4 little kids. Good luck with everything.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Good luck with the new house! I love it! Packing and moving is no fun, though. Best of luck with that.

Sheila said...

Good luck with the move. May I ask where your new place is? Lol.. I'm just hoping that MAYBE after you're settled we could get together.. We live off of exit 73 a little ways so if you're moving to this side of post we'd be closer :-)

Melissa said...

Wow Heidi, I'm so happy for you!! I've been wondering how it was all going. Shoot, I miss the view from your porch too :( I know the ward is going to miss you guys (know they can know how I feel,haha!!) I can't wait to see pics of the inside, when you have time of course ;) Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I guess I shouldn't have checked up on your blog cause now I am extremely sad. The Primary will not be the same without Savannah and Charlotte. You know you can come and visit anytime. Especially on the 17th for the Primary Program. I love the house and know your kids will adjust well. We love ya and will miss you.