Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Update

I can't find my thingamajig that I put my little blue picture thing into to transfer pics from the camera to the computer. So no more pics until I find the thingamajig. Sorry. Anyway, we've been busy around here. Since I pulled Savannah out of Kindergarten I decided to put her and Evan into a preschool. They LOVE it. Currently they are going two days a week for three hours. At home I'm teaching them both to read. Evan can sound out three letter words. Savannah can read just about anything, but I'm still going through a phonics book with her every day. She is also working on first grade math and handwriting. I have also started to bring home books from the library on topics she wants to learn more about. This week has been about butterflies, India, and space. She decided to go draw, color, and cut out pictures of all the planets. Then she taped them to her ceiling above her bunk bed. I'll eventually get her a planet set that we paint and hang. We read a few books about India and then went to an Indian food restaurant. I think I'm on to something. Hmm... maybe we can study Mongolia next :) Alexis is learning to talk. They are such a comedian and a priss; they keep us laughing. Isaac and I both had our birthdays last month. Isaac got me an MP3 player and a target for my .22. I got Isaac some bumper stickers he asked for and two books, Atlas Shrugged and American Progressivism. I'm reading Atlas Shrugged right now. I'm only on chapter 4 so far. It's different; I'm liking it better as I go; it's starting to make more sense. I keep busy. I'm taking college classes online again. It's such a joke, really, but I do enjoy some of the things I'm learning. I'm working on a paper on addiction counseling. I'm YW pres in my ward, but I have great counselors that take a lot of load off for me. My friend and her four kids are living with me for a few weeks, between moves. Her kids keep my kids entertained quite well. And now I have someone to keep me company while Isaac is away at a super-fun school where he is learning to survive in the woods and a POW camp. I'm helping organize a study group of the Constitution and the book The 5000 Year Leap. What else... I'm about to breed my goats to the buck as soon as I see a goat go into heat... the chickens need watered today... the jack-o-lanterns need thrown out. Oh, I'm going to meet my FRG group for the first time today; very excited. FRG is the group of wives in Isaac's new company. We get together and hang out, support each other and such. Mostly I waste time on the internet researching homeschool topics. I'm obsessed and I don't like it. That's about it!

5 comments:

Jen said...

WOW! How do you keep up with the laundry when you are so busy doing everything else?!? I feel like laundry and dishes consume my time. You are amazing!

stan.deidra@gmail.com said...

You really are keeping way busy! It sounds like the girls and you are learning a lot! I will be sending a package to you soon. I'm keeping busy with the quilt shop and the house. I am loving the shop! It's so fun.

Alison said...

Busy is an understandment! I don't think there's a word that describes what you are. You're super-mom!

The Imperfect Pie said...

Well I did think of you on the 4th, just so you know. I'm so sorry I didn't call like a good best friend would. hope it was perfect. I love you and miss you!

Kristine said...

I'm glad to hear updates! I've missed the goings on in your house :)