While on a recent business trip to Colorado I was able to get out several times for long runs in the city and around the mountains. My favorite was the Manitou incline. In brief, the Incline as it exists now is the roadbed to the former Mount Manitou Scenic Incline Railway — a cable car that took people up the eastern face of Rocky Mountain to about 8,600' before shutting down in 1990. The steepest section is at a grade of 68% with the average grade just over 40%. While in Colorado, I was able to walk up this incline 3 times. When reaching the top I would then take an alternate route down. Lots of good swift running down mountain trails. I was in heaven!

View from half way point.

View from 3/4 of the way up.

Most of the way up the top. This was one of the steepest sections of the climb.
On the top at last! This was trip number 2 to the top.

Photo taken at the top of the incline with Pikes Peak in the far background.
3 comments:
I would have NEVER made it! It hurts just looking at it.
Wow! 3 times!! You were just a couple of hours from my house. It's good you were here when you were. It's totally snowing now.
Hey! You are the man! I wish I could do that. What a beautiful place.
Post a Comment