Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Smith Reunion (Heidi's side)

I went to two family reunions this month. The Joseph Smith Jr. reunion in Nauvoo and then Isaac's family reunion in Kansas the following weekend. This is a partial picture of Joseph Smith Jr.'s descendants.
We played lots of games and contests; even a stick pull contest (which I didn't participate in). It was fun to get to know my cousins.
We also had lots of family meetings where we listened to stories about some of our ancestors. The featured family member this year was Joseph Smith III. The central gathering place for the reunion was in the Mansion House in Nauvoo. This is where Emma lived and died with her second husband, Bidamon.
One of Joseph Smith jr's descendants moved to Australia, so there are a lot of cousins in that country now. Two of them came to this reunion (the ladies in the back). The two boys are my half brothers, Aaron and Nathan.
And the definite highlight of the reunion was meeting my 1st cousin, Michelle (on the right). She is cool!
(my sister Katie on the left. she's cool too :)

4 comments:

Logan said...

That is really cool! I had no idea you were a descenant of Joseph Smith.

We had Michael Kennedy speak at an adult session of Stake Conference a few years ago. The Joseph Smith Jr. family line has a very interesting story - as I am sure you are aware.

Through which child are you related?

Heidi said...

Alexander

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Kristine said...

What a great reunion! I didn't know you were a descendant of JS either. But I'm sure there is lots and lots I don't know about you ;)