Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

New Arrivals!

We received our order of baby chicks this week. 27 chicks of five different varieties! They're very cute.

(BREE)

Isaac agreed to let me own my own herd of registered Nigerian Dwarf goats. I know, I know... hold back your enthusiasm. I know how everyone loves goats and wishes they could have their own too.
(MILLY)

These are dairy goats. And yes, I thought I'd try my hand at milking when they have their babies in Oct. We'll see how that goes.
(LIZZY)

I'd also like to show them. I have zero experience in this department, but I think it could be fun.
(JEDEDIAH)

We will definitely breed them. Their babies sell for at least $200 each.
(CASSANDRA BLUE)

I really just want a petting zoo that pays for itself at least. It's just fun. They're sweet, funny animals.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Those chicks are SOOO cute! Goats scare the crap out of my kids.

Deidra said...

I'm happy for you and glad it isn't me. Enough animals over the years. However, we are planning on chickens this spring.

Rachel said...

It does look like your back yard is turning into a petting zoo. I am glad that you like animals.

Alison said...

I love it! It reminds me of when I was in the first grade and we hatched chicks. I want to hold one so bad right now.

Kristine said...

Wow! Super cute chicks! Are they pretty noisy? Cute goats too. I don't have any experience with goats! Have fun!

The Dobecks! said...

i LOVE goats! I have a funny story.
.We gave one to my aunt for her birthday one year. we kept it at our house in the dog pen in the back yard and one day before school i went out to see it and it slipped out the gate! i chased it all through the neighborhood and back to my neighbors house. I was crying and prayed SO hard that i could get it back...and what do yah know...i got a hold of it and walked it back home.

anyway..CUTE!