Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Once again I am posting progress on the Coop.

Certainly you all are tired of the chicken coop photos. Well, I am tired of building it! However, the building is coming along nicely. I only seem to get sporadic work accomplished. Yesterday would have been a great day to work but I was flying a chopper back from Jacksonville, Florida. Darn! Poor me. Had to fly my helicopter ;). Today I built the remaining trusses and put them in place. OSB is being tacked into place now. I will probably have the roof in place on Monday. After the roof is complete I will add the siding and begin painting. Heidi picked out the colors today and we are excited to see what the end results will be.




This is the master truss. The remaining trusses were built on top of this one. I was a little surprised at how long it takes to build a truss!




Placing the trusses on top of the framed walls was quite the workout. Having a friend over would have been a huge asset but I managed by myself.




This is the OSB on part of the roof. Tomorrow all the OSB will be in place and I will place the felt over the top before shingles go on.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, when you say chicken coop...I don't picture something like that! Very nice!

Deidra said...

It is really looking good! You're doing a great job.