
Our dear bishop just doesn't have a clue. You know how on Mother's Day all the moms stand up during sacrament meeting to receive recognition? Last year, to my dismay, the mothers all got a potted flower and on Father's Day the fathers got candy! I thought somebody surely will clue him in; all women want is chocolate. But alas, this year was the same. They passed out candy bars to all the fathers again, while my potted flower has long been dead. Hasn't he ever heard of the golden rule?

But then.. a glimmer of hope... the bishop stands and asks all the wives of deployed soldiers to stand. YES!!! I
did notice they had extra candy bars left over. Finally, Bishop has come to his senses!!! NOPE. We got a beautiful fake rose that instantly became the kids' toy. All well. Maybe next year.
4 comments:
Heidi, you are stinkin' hilarious! What's your bishop email and I'll clue him in. ;)
SO true...
My ward didn't do anything for either this year! What's up with that? Last year we got flowers to plant in our flower beds. Um, so let me put this totally random flower out there that stinks. At least make it one that smells nice...but I am with ya-I'll take the chocolate!
AMEN SIS. SMITH!!! CHOCOLATE IS THE ONLY THING WE WANT AND GET OUT OF OUR WAY!!
Although, this year it was awesome. Bishop Ence had his lovely & talented wife make a chocolate cake, a carrot cake and vanilla cake. Then during Relief Society they passed out pieces of cake, what ever kind we wanted. Sepia took one of each! It was awesome! Her daughter, Jazmine was outraged! I wish I had been as brave as her! AND Kim made them so you know they were dang good cakes!
Post a Comment