Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sorry, this is a "woe is me" post.

You think I look fat and happy? Well you're wrong. The smile was forced.

Ok, here's the update. My appendix was taken out on Dec. 23rd. The baby did fine! It was not fun... its still not fun, but finally getting better. I was able to be home on the 24th and 25th at the mercy of the doctors, but was promptly back on the 26th and the 28th for other complications. Thankfully, my wonderful, heaven sent mother was there for the worst four days of it so that Isaac could be by my side. She cooked and cleaned and played with the kids, and when she left, the kids protested for a few days. In mom's absence, Isaac has been Mr. Mom and has done an AWESOME job. I don't think the kids have ever been closer to their Daddy, and vice versa. For that, this has been a blessing in disguise... but that's about the only blessing I can think of!
This is when it got infected and right before it abscessed and oozed a cup of puss and blood. Now it looks nothing like this. The staples are removed and its a hole in which I stuff gauze in twice a day. I'm sorry, I'm a little bitter.


We don't have any pictures of Christmas, but it was fun. It was a lot like our Thanksgiving except Santa came, of course.


And we celebrated Evan's 2nd birthday. He liked her Thomas the Train set the most. Maybe Isaac should write about this stuff. I just mostly remember pain and discomfort.

Woe is me.

2 comments:

Stacey B. said...

You poor thing!! You deserve a "Woe is me" post after such a horrible time! Thank goodness the baby is fine. Did your appendix burst, or did they catch it before it burst? I have to say Eew! about the puss and junk, I'm sure that smelled great. I hope you are feeling better now. I wish I was there to help.

Me said...

I agree! I hope that all is well and that you are much better! We love ya'll & Miss ya'll