Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kitchen Cabinets


Ok, here they are. Painting cabinets is a horrible, horrible job to do, but I like how they look. Of course I'm not planning on leaving the top unpainted, I just need a break.
If you can't tell, I painted them an off white and then antiqued them, and painted the metal part of the original hardware black so I wouldn't have to drill new holes. I'll post a before picture of our kitchen at the bottom. So far I've switched out the pale blue counter tops for brown/black ones and painted the walls green. I know most of you don't like my color choices, but I like it and Isaac likes it and that's what matters. I know because when I have people over, the rooms they like are the ones I haven't painted. We have a bedroom that is still it's original pale blue ugly color (I can't stand blue), and I had a friend that commented that she really liked how we painted that room. I didn't tell her I was trying to unpaint it, hence all the spackling smeared over the nail holes.
Anyway, after I get the rest of the cabinets painted I have to paint the ceiling because it is also pale blue, and then replace the dingy blue and white floor and we'll be done!


This before picture is before we actually moved in. All the stuff is the previous owners' stuff.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Yeah for the blog! I love the colors you choose. Also, that video is so cool!